Standardized Information Page for
Organized Travel Contracts (FIN)
The proposed combination of travel services constitutes an organized trip within the meaning of the (EU) Directive 2015/2302.
Consequently, you will benefit from all European Union rights applicable to package travel. DOT Viagens e Turismo, Lda, commercially known as DOT World Tour, will be fully responsible for the correct execution of the entire package.
In addition, as required by law, DOT World Tour has protection to reimburse the payments you have made and, if transport is included in the package, ensure your repatriation in case it declares insolvent.
More information on the main rights under the (EU) Directive 2015/2302.
By clicking on the link, the traveller will receive the following information:
Essential rights under the (EU) Directive 2015/2302
- Travelers will receive all essential information about the package trip before entering their contract.
- There is always at least one operator responsible for the correct execution of all travel services contained in the contract.
- Travelers have an emergency phone number or contact details for a contact point to communicate with the organizer or travel agency.
- Travelers may assign the package to someone else, subject to reasonable notice and, possibly, additional fees.
- The price of the package can only be increased in the event of an increase in specific costs (for example, the price of fuel), if this possibility is expressly provided for in the contract and, in any case, up to 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to increase the price, the traveller is entitled to a price reduction in the event of a reduction in the relevant costs.
- Travelers can terminate the contract without paying a termination fee and obtain a full refund of payments made in the event of a significant change in any of the essential elements of the package, except for the price. If, before the start of the package, the operator responsible for cancelling the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and, where applicable, compensation.
- Travellers can cease the contract without paying a termination fee prior to the start of the package trip, in exceptional circumstances, for example in the event of serious security problems at the destination likely to affect the package.
- In addition, travellers may cease the contract at any time before the start of the package trip, subject to the payment of an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the organized trip, it is not possible to provide significant elements of the trip as agreed, suitable alternatives will have to be proposed to the traveller, without additional costs. The traveller can cease the package tour contract without paying a termination fee if the services are not performed under the contract, this lack of conformity will considerably affect the execution of the package tour and the organizer does not solve this lack.
- Travelers are also entitled to a reduced price and / or compensation for damages in the event of non-compliance or inadequate performance of travel services.
- The organizer and the provider must aid if a traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organizer or the provider is declared insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organizer or the provider is declared insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, the repatriation of travellers is guaranteed. DOT World Tour has guaranteed insolvency protection with the Travel and Tourism Guarantee Fund. Travelers can contact this entity or, if applicable, the competent authority (Turismo de Portugal, IP, Rua Ivone Silva, Lote 6, 1050-124 Lisboa, Tel. 211 140 200 | Fax. 211 140 830, email@example.com ) if services are refused due to the insolvency of DOT World Tour.